Bruce Richardson wrote:
> 
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 03:50:29PM +0000, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> > > Am I correct?  If not, how do I get ifhp do do the
> > > conversion?  If yes, then can you suggest something
> > > I can use to do the Postscript-PCL conversion -
> >
> > Yes, ifhp will do this. Or rather, you have to configure it to invoke
> > ghostscript to convert PostScript->PCL as part of the filtering process.
> > I use this to PostScript enable a PCL only HPLJ4 I have.
> 
> I can see how I could do that in /etc/printcap, by just doing an
> extra bounce.  Can you do it from within ifhp?  If so, which bit of
> ifhp.conf do I need to be fiddling with?

You want something like this in your ifhp.conf:-

    gs_device=epsonc
    gs_options=-r1440
    gs=/usr/bin/gs
    gs_converter= [ \%s{gs} -dBATCH -q -sOutputFile=- \
      -sDEVICE=\%s{gs_device} \%s{gs_options} - ]
    text_converter= [/usr/bin/a2ps -q -B -1 -M Letter \
      --borders=no -o- \%s{ps_converter} ]
    gzip_decompresser = [ /usr/bin/gzip -c -d ]
    
    [ ghostscript gs ]
    file_output_match = [
      *postscript*  ps  \%s{ps_converter}
      *text*  pcl  \%s{pcl_converter}
      *gzip_compressed*  filter  \%s{gzip_decompresser}
      ]
    
    Printcap entry:
    
    pr:
      :ifhp=model=ghostscript,gs_device=laserjet,gs_options=-r300x300

That's from the ifhp HOWTO - it won't work directly as it stands (you'd
need to change the converter specs), but it'll give you an idea. The
printer I set up to do this is elsewhere - I'll post my actual conf file
tomorrow. The ifhp HOWTO tells you how it all works, in the "File
Conversions" bit. It's very flexible - you could set things up so you
can print gzipped PostScript to a PCL only device quite easily if you
felt the need...

HTH

Mike.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU MUST BE A LIST MEMBER IN ORDER TO POST TO THE LPRNG MAILING LIST
The address you post from MUST be your subscription address

If you need help, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or lprng-requests
or lprng-digest-requests) with the word 'help' in the body.  For the impatient,
to subscribe to a list with name LIST,  send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with:                           | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr>       |  subscribe lprng-digest [EMAIL PROTECTED]
unsubscribe LIST <mailaddr>     |  unsubscribe lprng [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you have major problems,  send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to