> From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Nov  9 07:13:11 2000
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:08:27 GMT
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: LPRng: Does ifhp do Postscript to PCL conversion?
>
> The reason I ask is that our hp4si does not have
> Postscript installed - it doesn't come by default
> with the 4si, only the 4si MX.  Looking at the
> ifhp documentation and at the supported printers
> in ifhp.conf, I get the feeling that ifhp is intended
> for use with Postscript-capable HP printers.
>
> Am I correct?

No.  It will handle all sorts of printers.

> If not, how do I get ifhp do do the
> conversion?  If yes, then can you suggest something
> I can use to do the Postscript-PCL conversion -

Look for the ifhp.conf entry for HP4siMX with no PostScript.
This will invoke GhostScript to do your PostScript conversion.

>
> -- 
>
> Bruce

Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            9475 Chesapeake Drive, Suite D,
Network and System             San Diego, CA 92123
  Consulting                   858-874-6543 FAX 858-279-8424 
LPRng - Print Spooler (http://www.astart.com)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU MUST BE A LIST MEMBER IN ORDER TO POST TO THE LPRNG MAILING LIST
The address you post from MUST be your subscription address

If you need help, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or lprng-requests
or lprng-digest-requests) with the word 'help' in the body.  For the impatient,
to subscribe to a list with name LIST,  send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with:                           | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr>       |  subscribe lprng-digest [EMAIL PROTECTED]
unsubscribe LIST <mailaddr>     |  unsubscribe lprng [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you have major problems,  send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to