Aijun,

No, I think you misunderstanding our purpose.

You are using this argument towards a number of people ... I recommend you
reconsider.

> The proposed solution can fit in small network, or large network and RR
> can locate anywhere the operator want to place. We have no assumption about
> the location of RR and PEs.

Please observe that if you really want to put RRs outside of your local
area for whatever reason (maybe you run RR as a service in the cloud) then
actually we can combine X from my additional point with Tony's proposal. It
just occurred to me like a really interesting deployment mode so let me
describe the WG. Maybe Tony can add this model to his draft in the possible
deployment section.

- - -

When network elements residing outside of the local area are interested in
node liveness of selected nodes in the area (for example BGP Route
Reflectors running in the cloud) they can register with node
liveness servers in an area to receive targetted notifications for
interested addresses.

Such notifications can be used to invalidate service next hops or tunnel
endpoints. Upon such action service information will be immediately
withdrawn.

That deployment model offers full flexibility with just a handful of
additional TCP or QUIC sessions needed and very little to no extra state
injected in the network.

- - -

That model also addresses some concerns associated with any to any
registrations. No longer PEs need to register anything with ABRs nor ABRs
need to pass that information around.

Best regards,
R.