I think we have to accept that we have very different understanding on what
out-of-band means. But let's not get hang on this here.

Because to do it efficiently and in scalable manner close cooperation with
LSDB is required. Management system is completely orthogonal to that.

IMO Tony's proposal is a a new IGP message type with new transport. While a
separate subsystem (which can in fact run on different core and have
independent memory space ie. be a different thread or process) it is both
functionally and operationally an IGP service. Just like PUA or PULSE.

Flooding is not MUST have paradigm for an IGP where IGP == Interior Gateway
Protocol. As you know some folks use BGP as IGP for MSDCs. Clearly BGP does
not use too much flooding.

Best,
Robert.