Hi Aijun,

Thanks for your detailed review and please check inline below for responses.

From: Lsr [mailto:lsr-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Aijun Wang
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2022 5:55 PM
To: 'Acee Lindem (acee)' <acee=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>; 'lsr' <lsr@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-lsr-ospfv3-srv6-extensi...@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Working Group Last Call for "OSPFv3 Extensions for SRv6" -
draft-ietf-lsr-ospfv3-srv6-extensions-06.txt (Corrected Address)

Hi, All:
     I have the following comments for this draft, and would like to support
its forwarding when the below concerns are addressed.

1.     For SRv6 SID’s advertisement, I suggest we should also consider it is
advertised as sub-TLVs of OSPF-Stub-Link TLV, as proposed in
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-lsr-stub-link-attributes-04#section-4.1.
  There are situations that such information can be utilized by the routers
within the area, as I presented at the IETF 114 meeting (the draft is pending
to be updated).  Then the following sentence:
   “SRv6 SIDs are advertised as Sub-TLVs in the SRv6 Locator TLV except
   for SRv6 End.X SIDs/LAN End.X SIDs which are associated with a
   specific Neighbor/Link and are therefore advertised as Sub-TLVs of E-
   Router-Link TLV.”

Should be relaxed as:
   “SRv6 SIDs are advertised as Sub-TLVs in the SRv6 Locator TLV except
   for SRv6 End.X SIDs/LAN End.X SIDs which are associated with a
   specific Neighbor/Link and are therefore advertised as Sub-TLVs of
Neighbor/Link related TLVs.”

Zhibo> This description does not affect the new TLVs. If a new TLV is added,
you can include the sub TLV in the new TLV.

2.     Support for the “SRv6 Locator TLV” to be included within the existing
LSA, rather than to define the new “Locator LSA”.

Zhibo> The reason for defining new LSAs is to prevent processing errors on
nodes that do not support SRv6. For example, ignoring algorithm fields may
cause loops.

Of course, using LSinfinity metric is one way to solve this problem, but the
protocol specifies the IGP does not generate the RIB/Fib for LSinfinity Metric
prefix.

The LSinfinity metric does not meet this scenario. In addition, IS-IS also
defines a New TOP TLV. The OSPF definition is the same as that of IS-IS.

Best Regards

Aijun Wang
China Telecom