Thanks Sam for raising this issue.
I've been meaning to ask you guys about this whole 4G LTE thing :

*Orange Vs MTN*
Has anyone actually bought and tried it? Does it work as advertised? Is it
worth it?
For modems, is MTN better than Orange?
Sam's article suggests that some MTN modems wont work on MTN's 3G  network.
Really? That would be terrible!
Does Orange have the same issue?

Cheers,
Richard

PS:
Here's a summary of my experiences and research

*SMILE TELECOM*
I tried the Smile router and it was quite impressive but the data bundle
run out too fast.
Left it at office for a few days and 10Gb was finished!
However, they have a setting which prevents the "rape rates" we talked
about earlier i.e. once your bundle expires they don't touch the rest of
your airtime. I was very grateful about that!

On the negative, the last i checked (about 3 months ago) coverage was an
issue. For example, It did not work in Najera, so
i cant use it at home. I did see a smile shop at Metroplex mall in Naalya
so perhaps that's no longer true?

*ORANGE TELECOM*
Once upon a time, it was the default choice for all my internet-related
decisions, but it seems to have lost some of its shine.
I personally haven't used it for almost 6 months mostly because Warid,
while slower, is "good enough" for my android phone and if necessary i can
easily connect to my laptop for family member who want to "facebook".

The day i took my Orange line out of my smart phone into my dumb phone was
the day i knew the love affair was over.
Call me unfaithful, but at 1,000sh per 100mb per day, i found Warid
irresistable (compared to Orange's 25,000sh for 500mb per month.
Most of my internet use happens at work anyway.

Here's a link from some guy who's unhappy about Orange:
http://bit.ly/18Wd0xc

*I haven't tried any of the rest.*

choice http://bit.ly/18Wd0xc

But i guess