Just to add my thoughts right or wrong

I'm an accredited Fellow of the British Computer Society, which  is a member
institution of Engineering Council UK is therefore responsible for
regulation of ICT and computer science fields within the UK, it's quite
recognised and  one can clearly see the benefits, in my case it adds status
and credibility to who I am and what I do, even as a fellow it's only
$145.00 a year to maintain my membership.

Being that the ICTAU is so new and how people are judged to be competent or
not seems very much at the whimsy of the board it's hard to see where this
may be going, it's a good idea in principle but the costs seem OTT given the
apparent  lack of credibility , how and who decides where this money is
going , how will it be used to better the ICT body,  increases awareness and
ultimately legitimize its status, what's in place to stop someone from just
buying status.

I have visited the ICTAU Site while looks OK albeit  light on information,
almost no information on the process behind the organization again in stark
contrast to the BCS site, while I know that the ICTAU is new it should at
least make public its members, process, meetings etc, or that what I would
have thought.

Have a look at the BCS http://www.bcs.org site everything is clear and
concise

This is not meant as a downer but if you expect people to pay money you have
to justify it, as a test case believe  I would fall under  either

-          Individuals - Corporate @200,000/= which is what about $75.00

-          Or PRIVATE COMPANIES/ CORPRATIONS Level 3 @1,000,000 which is
about $380.00 membership I still want to know how and why you do things.

as would most members would be my guess.

I would have thought that starting this up a little lower key getting some
traction then going for the bright lights later may have been a better move,
now ICTAU is  faced with somehow getting loads of money to maintain itself
or face extinction, and that would not be good for the credibility of ICT
field here, Uganda needs this in my view.

Kind Regards

Peter Atkin FBCS

+256-772-700781 |  Skype: peter2cfu |
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/peteratkin> LinkedIn Profile