From: Martin Shepherd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 15 December 2007 09:45
To: Lute Net
Subject: [LUTE] RH on the bridge?

Dear All,

I just found that I wrote this (in the context of explaining thumb-in,
thumb-out) a while ago:

> Thumb-out is more difficult, and I think we have some way to
> go before we really master it (though Nigel North seems to have sorted
> it out).  It is further complicated by the "correct" position of the
> hand being so close to the bridge, a position which usually yields
> disappointing results, whatever kind of strings are used.  But we're
> working on it.....

Well, working on it indeed.  Rob MacKillop has just recorded a piece
with the little finger on the bridge, and while I'm not so keen on the
sound as on the first sound clip on the same lute, it seems to work -
see www.rmguitar.info/Maler.htm

Has anyone else tried this?

Best wishes,

Martin