Do you put anything between the quill and the iron? What temperature do you use>

On Jun 6, 2008, at 7:45 AM, David Tayler wrote:

I take the quill and iron it with a heavy iron, then shape it.
I prefer a slightly rounded tip.

It's the only thing I iron, really.

You can also cut a piece of delrin and glue it to the feather, in
that case, you need not iron it.
It is sort of permanent press.

There are a number of other materials you can use, including thin
strips of polished wood.
A matchbook cover sounds terrible.
dt