David T. wrote:

>I take the quill and iron it with a heavy iron, then shape it.

First iron, or first split the feather?
Feather of what bird?
Do you use the tip or the end of the feather? Quill sounds like tip to me.

> There are a number of other materials you can use, including thin
> strips of polished wood.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try.  Somebody else came up with cow's bone. Why
cow and not, say, sheep, pig or - why not - ancestor or slain enemy?

> You can also cut a piece of delrin

Where do you buy this?

> It's the only thing I iron, really.

I handwash my concert shirts and hang them to dry. No ironing needed. The
best one already last for over 20 years.

David - does iron the best blouse or skirt of his wife occasionally

David van Ooijen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.davidvanooijen.nl