I've heard that Segovia's response to Julian Bream's success was, "An Englishman playing guitar is an abomination," although I don't think that constitutes bullying, just the crankiness of an extremely opinionated man whose opinions were not always correct. Bream later dedicated an entire album in homage to Segovia. I saw Segovia in concert five times and each performance was magnificent. It was his recordings that drew me to the guitar. It was Bream who introduced me to the lute.