Gary,

On Sat, 12/14/13, gary <magg...@sonic.net> wrote:

> I have never heard
> of any actual bullying on Segovia's part. Rather, the onus
> for any intimidation would be on the shear number and ardor
> of his admirers.

That still sounds like bullying to me. Take the stereotypical high school
bully: Once a following of sycophants has been established, he or she doesn't
actually have to do the dirty work. A word from the bully leader is sufficient
for the entourage to know who's in, who's out and who should have a life of
constant hell. Eventually, they'll know the code of cool without the leader
even mentioning anything. Same thing happens in the workplace or politics.

True, Segovia was a great artist who made a invaluable contribution to
classical guitar in the 20th century. There is no question that he was also a
bully who worked by proxy via his sycophants to silence the voice of rivals.

Chris

Dr. Christopher Wilke D.M.A.
Lutenist, Guitarist and Composer
www.christopherwilke.com