On 02/03/14 7:56 PM, Peter Danner wrote:
Incidentally, it was while performing the Te Deum written to
celebrate Louis' recovery from this illness that Lully suffered the
wound that caused his death.

Oh no...I fear we're next going to learn that the tale of Lully's death from gangrene brought about by an accident with his conducting staff is a fable also! It must be true: Wikipedia says so. Not to mention the liner notes on every record of Lully's music. Incidentally, I learned from Wikipedia that the guitar was Lully's first instrument.

Geoff

--
Geoff Gaherty
Foxmead Observatory