True. Pavanas as Paduanas in disguise seem to have been a Spanish
   "speciality"...

   Envoye depuis mon appareil Samsung

   -------- Message d'origine --------
   De : howard posner <howardpos...@ca.rr.com>
   Date : 05/07/2015 00:10 (GMT+01:00)
   A : Lute List <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Objet : [LUTE] Re: Paduane in Triple Time
   > On Jul 4, 2015, at 11:00 AM, jmpoirier2 <jmpoiri...@wanadoo.fr>
   wrote:

   >  Sure, but I can't remember pieces called Pavanes notated or played
   in
   >   triple time...
   You'll remember two obvious examples once someone mentions them: the
   sixth of Milan's pavanas, on page 82 of El Maestro (the 82nd page of my
   pdf version, anyway), and the "Pavana my llana para taner" on folio
   iiii of Pisador's book, which is barred in two but played in three, and
   is known in other sources as the galliard "La Gamba."