   De : Ron Andrico <praelu...@hotmail.com>
   Date : 05/07/2015 16:01 (GMT+01:00)
   A : Jean-Marie Poirier <jmpoiri...@wanadoo.fr>, howard posner
   <howardpos...@ca.rr.com>, lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
   Objet : [LUTE] Re: Paduane in Triple Time
      So, we are assuming that the earliest French publication of dance
   music
      for the lute is an anomaly?  Was the triple-time Pavanne in
   Attaignant
      inserted into the publication by his (Spanish) enemies?
      I agree this issue is trifling, but Edward's original question
   wanted a
      more contextual answer.
      Best,
      RA
      lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
      > From: jmpoiri...@wanadoo.fr
      > Subject: [LUTE] Re: Paduane in Triple Time
      >
      > Countersigh. I simply meant that French Pavanes are very
   consistently
      > in duple time. Sorry about that but it's a fact ; whereas some
      spanish
      > Pavanas (e.g Milan, Pisador) are in triple time and are more
      > reminiscent of Italian Padovane or Paduane, hence my "in disguise"
      > implication. Full stop. No big deal here ;-) !
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Jean-Marie
      >
      > Envoye depuis mon appareil Samsung

   Spanish