Thank you Matteo for spotting those omissions. I added the missing prelude ( f.37v/2. ) and  Volt by Jacob (f86v/2.) as an erratum on the project page. I was unable to read the title of #242 from the facsimile I had.

It seems to me that the other piece you mention "Pavan of the Composition/ of mee Edward Lord Herbert/ 1627 3to Martii;" is found on p.260 of the PDF transcription.

Alain

On 02/03/2018 08:28 AM, Matteo Turri wrote:
    Just found that the thesis of Julia Craig-McFeely also has the 3
    additional pieces as in the "Catalogue" below - see
    [1]http://www.ramesescats.co.uk/thesis/App1c.pdf
    Matteo
    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Matteo Turri <[2]matteo.o.tu...@gmail.com>
    Date: 3 February 2018 at 17:19
    Subject: Re: [LUTE] Re: Cherbury lute book
    To: "G. C." <[3]kalei...@gmail.com>
    Cc: lutelist Net <
    ââ
    [4]lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
    Interestingly, this references at [5]https://w1.bnu.fr/smt/sommaire.htm
    lists 245 pieces:

    ââ
    CATALOGUE DES SOURCES MANUSCRITES EN TABLATURE
    Luth et théorbe
    c.1500-c.1800
    Catalogue descriptif / A Descriptive Inventory

                         Publié par / Published by
                                CHRISTIAN MEYER
                           avec la collaboration de

     Tim Crawford, François-Pierre Goy, Peter Király, Monique Rollin

    [6]SOURCES MANUSCRITES EN TABLATURE
    MANUSCRIPT SOURCES IN TABLATURE

    [7]Vol. IV. Grande-Bretagne (en préparation)

    [8]CAMBRIDGE, Fitzwilliam Museum (GB-Cfm)Ms 689
    Therein
    no. 91 is a "Prelude" at the end of the second "Volte/ Pietreson", not
    in the
    Veylit's edition (firs shift in numbering);
    no. 228   "-- Pavan of the Composition/ of mee Edward Lord Herbert/
    1627 3to Martii; die scilicet/ natalicio
    cf. n ° 219" - is omitted in the
    Veylit's edition (second shift);
    nos. 235-237 are 3 "Volte/ Jacob", wherein Veylit's edition has only 2
    (third shift);
    no. 241-243 are Prelude, Fantasia, Prelude/Hely, wherein in Veylit's
    edition the corresponding nos. 238-240 are three Preludes.
    Yes, I know Dart lists 242 pieces.
    Looking forward to the edition of the Lute Society ...
    M.

    Matteo