   From: Leonard Williams <arc...@verizon.net>
   Date: 3/16/18 3:00 PM (GMT-07:00)
   To: Lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: Some questions

          I, myself, was attracted to the lute, via recorders and other
   early
      instruments, because I like playing renaissance music.  What better
   way
      to enjoy it than on the instruments for which it was written?  If I
      were an instructor, I would probably be more inclined to teach
      guitarists to read lute-tabbed recercari than to play later music on
      the lute.
      Leonard