Dear Ido,

I am well aware that the Harmonium is not an Indian instrument.

Also You are telling me what I told everyone on the list a while ago.
If you criticize my mashups you should at least read what I have written before on that topic.

BTW it is not even true that the harmonium is equal-tempered.
See "Encyclopedia of Indian Music with special reference to Ragas", Delhi 1918/1986/88 The temperament is not really an important issue, except for Europeans putting it into polyphony. Why all the experiments and disagreements in Europe exactly in this time of reception? This is a theoretical matter that will be explored, but it is at this stage not helpful.

Also You might want to consider that musical ears were very perceptive in a world without sound pollution. You cannot begin to have an idea, except if you are living in a remote monastery the whole time. Also, it is pure assumption of You without any bases what and what not are the abilities of musicians around the time.

Mozart could write down a score of Allegri's Miserere from memory.
And the divine Francesco could not? The grand Albert was tone-deaf?
Ragas are ostinate, so...
How long do You need to listen to be able to join in a Passamezzo, a Romanesca, or a Ciacona...? I can bastard-sing to any of those fantasies or even Baroque Sonatas without hearing them first, why can't someone who wrote them adapt a Raga?

Making mashups and using recordings is a usual method in Ethnomusicology.
Using a "score"/transcription is not what I plan to do for everything.
It is not my problem if someone does not hear when the same notes are sung.
You don't need a score to every ciacona, you need the model.
The Raga models are defined by Vadi and Samvadi of the respective scale and some basic moves, everything in detail can be transcribed as an example, but it is an ultimately useless work to transcribe every improvisation.

If this is not accepted with You, or some sourpuss sceptic musicologist or some pseudo-purist lutist (as if the 16th century had been such a purist age!!!), it is not my problem.

I am not using the terminology because I have to explain it first. I did that with the basics a while ago, but I don't expect everybody to be familiar with it. I am presenting you with the fun part of my research, not the stuff people would have to dig into.
That is left to the article.

And again: Lisa Herrmann-Fertig's upcoming dissertation shows, and she has told me that personally on the phone, intense musical transfer, which is backed up by documents she found in the Vatican. You can't read it yet, but please assume I am not making this up, as it will be published anyway in the next time.
You don't accuse me of lying to you, are you??