   From: Wayne <wst...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   To: lute net <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Sat, Aug 22, 2020 12:04 pm
   Subject: [LUTE] The lute list is retiring soon
   Hi -
     I have been running this lute mail list since 1998, and it has been
   interesting and fun.  Now I am retiring from my job at Dartmouth
   College, and when I retire the computers that I have run will be shut
   down.  This includes the  mail servers that run the lute mail list.  So
   it is time to retire from running the lute mail list too.  I will also
   be closing my lute web page, my lute tablature page, and "Lutes For
   Sale" web page.
     If someone wants to take up running the lute mail list I suggest that
   they announce it on my list in the next month, while my list is still
   running.  My list runs using software that I wrote, and I don't
   recommend that someone else try to use it.  I don't know the last day
   yet, but I will make an announcement when my list actually closes.
     Wayne