Hi again,

On 4 Oct 1999, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

: >>>>> "David" == David S de Lis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
:
: David> I have updated es.po as to version 1.0.4pre8, I am sorry if I
: David> am late for 1.0.4 :(
:
: David> I am also sending a hack to allow i18n guys (like me) to see
: David> the welcome message in the minibuffer when LyX starts (which
: David> was skipped due to a non gettext'ed string...)
:
: Hello,
:
: A small problem with your patch: it touches form1.fd for no apparent
: reason, and contains a large string of ^@ (null character). Could you
: redo it?

Of course, I noticed that myself yesterday... sorry 'bout that... :/
regarding the '^@'s, I have no idea... maybe is a locale thing? (I don't
think so, but...)

I am sending along, as well as the bug fix to minibuffer.C (against
1.0.4pre8), two more hackings (text.C and lyx_cb.C) that allows to see the
'Chapter x' and 'Part #' on-screen in the current locale as well as seeing
'Chapter x' in current locale on the TOC popup... and corresponding updated
es.po (1124 messages translated! :) this is probably the only time es.po
will be ahead the 'official' lyx.pot if the patches are accepted :)

I am thinking whether it would be convenient translating the layouts in the
drop down menu for the sake of non-english/non-LaTeX users (I am specially
thinking about Mexican high school students) so a suitable translation is
provided using gettext... I'd appreciate any suggestions (and pro's and
con's)

I am off town and will be for a couple of days or so, thus there is time to
discuss this if needed... :)

Thanks and laters,
d@ "hope it goes thru ok this time"

Newest es.po and some hacks...