"Asger K. Alstrup Nielsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| > I think Jean-Marc is right ;), if we introduce this we want it right
| > straight away and as this is document specific it's related to the
| > document and not to the locale. We have so many hacks in the source
|
| I agree with the original poster that it's an improvement to translate
| the fixed text to the native language, and thus I think the patch should
| go in.
| It's really simple: We just have to mark the "Chapter" texts as gettext
| strings, and that's it. Why just have this small improvement? It's not
| yet another hack at all, but just a small thing that will make LyX
| easier to understand for children and others that don't understand
| English.

I am beginning to agree with Jean-Marc that gettext is unable to
handle this case. (a gettext written for C++ using the C++ notion of
locale would work)

Using gettext would be just a shorterm fix, and it would only be
correct when the locale lang is equal to the doc lang.

The Right Solution would to have a gettext that was written for C++'s
locale support (able to use several locales at once), but until we
have that we can either:

- muddle on with gettext
- have a lang file for each layout.

        Lgb