Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

> Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
>> Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
>>
>>> I am not sure that registering every single DocIterator would be any
>>> more efficient that my signal/slot solution. At the end you will have to
>>> go through a table.
>>
>> Small remark: note that not all DocIterators need to be stable (mainly
>> cursors, maybe also bookmarks & error marks), one could have a class
>> derived from DocIterator for that purpose.
>
> I agree but it's more work than my signal based solution which is
> assured to work in all cases. I tell you what, in order to save the bits
> Andre is worried about I am going to remove the signal from Inset and
> transfer them to InsetText and InsetMathHull. In 1.6, we can think of
> this other solution. But really, my solution is cheap in terms of CPU
> and it will be cheaper in terms of memory when I do the change described
> above.

In general terms Abdel I agree that it is not so bad if it really works (in
order to implement a "correct" solution (TM) having something working even
if inefficient is /good/, not bad), but are we sure that it works in all
cases? In general it seems wrong to me that invalidation of cursors is only
due to inset destruction. For instance, put a cursor inside an inset, then
in another window add or remove some text before the inset so the position
of the inset changes... no destruction occurs, but is the cursor still
valid? (sorry don't have svn to check here.)

A/