On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 04:23:00PM +0200, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

> Really? I didn't know that, but then I am not a pro of MS Word. What is

I haven't used or looked at MS Word in years.

> the equivalent of charstyle in MS Word? I hope you are not talking about
> the formatting styles that you get with Format->Font, those are just
> font style, not charstyle. They are just a way to apply a predefined set
> of font attributes.

Start OpenOffice, select Format->Styles and Formatting, then click the
second icon (with the 'a'). From here you can define new character
styles or use some existing ones. You'll notice that these are indeed
stored as styles too, they're not just some naming thing for font
definitions.

> >And this is besides the point, anyway: char styles are so
> >close to char markup (e.g. bold) in terms of the way you interact with
> >them that to invent new UI is an awful idea IMO.
>
> They are so close to markup because they _are_ markup in other
> processor. That's really, definitely not the case in LyX.

You're living in the past I think.

> >Try what exactly?
>
> charstyle. They are implemented as insets in 1.6svn.

How do I get to it?

john