On 2009-12-10, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes schrieb:

>> But what about ignoring the number of languages? It is about encodings,
>> after all.

> - if there is only one encoding, use this
> - if there are several encodings, set h_inputencoding to "auto".

> ... But what is there is only one encoding specified in the package
> \documentclass.
> When this should be made independent of the language, we also need to
> check the encoding twice: in \documentclass and the inputenc call.

I favour this clean approach. Checking the language is just guessing.

Alternatively, drop the language check and allow the "strange" files to
get a different encoding in LyX. Since the switch to Unicode in LyX,
there should no longer be any error, just some more replacements from the
unicodesymbols file.

Günter