On 08/08/2010 06:48 PM, Joost Verburg wrote:

On a side note, I doubt the current background color is good from an ergonomic point of view. Instead of changing the background color, it's probably better to dim the backlight instead.

I was about to mention this myself. The reason I don't usually bother to change the background from white on all my other apps, is that I can more easily set "white" to be something not so annoying. That said, I do myself prefer LyX with a slightly darker background (#FAFAF7), but that's a personal preference. As you said, LyX should respect the default scheme.

rh