Le 9 août 10 à 17:23, Uwe Stöhr a écrit :
I don't agree that every program should inherit the system-wide colors. Every program has its own purpose and thus needs different ergonomics settings.

I agree that some programs require that, but the point where we disagree is that
LyX is so `special'.

>> I cannot remember any complaint about this.
>
> There have been some on lyx-devel.

I must have missed them. Do you have a pointer?

Sorry, I did not keep them in my mail and I do not know how to google
for that. It was not complaints by users, rather discussions between
developers (but who?)

Not having the text color as color for inset frames has for example the advantage that the user can distinguish between things that are only shown in LyX and those that are also in the output. The current color scheme was originally designed to use black for things that appear by default black
in the output. Things that won't appear in the output have a different
color than the text color.

OK, very good point, I missed that. What about having the inset button foreground color be also the frame color, then? We have 5 different frame colors, and
I am not sure why.

I'm not personally offended but saying that we did not already think about the colors is wrong and not fair to those who did. I'm wondering that you didn't raise your voice the last time we discussed the color scheme (must
have been some months before 1.6.0 came out).

Some month before 1.6 came out what when I was busy in flamewars on various features people wanted to push. And then I asked Juergen whether he could
become stable version maintainer :) So I was quite happy to see people
come up peacefully with improvements to LyX look and feel... I this regard
I admit that my initial comment was unfair.

If the majority really wants to have a white or the system default color as new default LyX background color, can you please implement an option in the preferences
to switch back to LyX's 1.6 color scheme?

This is done now. Note however that it is an everything or nothing toggle. I cannot allow to override the os defaults, because I would have to know before reading prefs whether I should set os default or not. A chicken and egg problem.