Actually,  while I have your attention can I get you to answer a couple of
questions for LDN?  Lars, Asger and possibly JMarc also know the answers.
This will help me get the "History of GUII" article complete and make the
10th issue of LDN really special.

##

1. When LyX first started you used Motif for the GUI.  Why?

2. Later on the decision was taken to switch to XForms.  When and why?

3. Was there any discussion about switching toolkits again after this but
   before you left to found KDE?

 (I remember some discussion in late'96 IIRC about a possible switch to Qt
  but you had handed over LyX to Lars before then (you had handed over to
  Lars before I joined up).  I still have to go through the old archive
  but since its glimpse engine is stuffed it means going through by hand
  -- an answer to this might help me find some links sooner)

##

As a special 10th issue of LDN treat:

4. LyX was originally called LyriX.  Why?  Who thought of that name?
   Why did it need to be changed?  Who came up with LyX?

Thanks,
Allan. (ARRae)