On 15 Jan 2001, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Could you show us the relevant part of config.log? Before writing
> configure test blindly, one has to know what header file decided that
> it should have access to kernel headers.
>
> JMarc

No, I think this is definitely a broken distribution, if it has symlinks
into /usr/src/linux, and the packaging system doesn't require
kernel-headers package for compilation.

As JMarc points out, these symlinks are officially deprecated anyway, and
in fact, most modern distributions don't have them.

So, this is NOT something LyX should care about. This is a distribution
problem (in that it didn't require kernel-headers as a dependency of
development headers, OR not need kernel-headers at all)

IMHO
john

--
"Threads are for people who can't program state machines."
        - Alan Cox