Lars> My problem with Levons code that I feel it is too static. With
Lars> the scheme Andre and I propose it is very easy to load function
Lars> os demand or have them created in a scriptlanguage. (or as a
Lars> named keyboard macro).

Then we should come up with a scheme which makes documentation and
debugging as easy as what John proposes. Let's face it: the current
scheme is awful debugging-wise. Every time I need to find a function
do-foo, I go in lyxaction to find what the LFUN name is (of course, it
is LFUN_BAR, not LFUN_FOO), then go in LyXFunc where there is only a
small wrapper around something which is somewhere else...

One could mostly try to auto-generate a reference manual from a format
similar to what John proposes.