On 15 Jan 2001, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> My problem with Levons code that I feel it is too static. With the
> scheme Andre and I propose it is very easy to load function os demand
> or have them created in a scriptlanguage. (or as a named keyboard macro).
>
> This is probably possible with Levons scheme as well...but...
>
>         Lgb

sure it is, that's what the lyxfunction constructor is for ! Just add
another add() method to lf_container for non-pseudo-action functions (and
maybe the special casing of functions < LFUN_LAST_STATIC should go, and
just use a container).

You can have dynamically-numbered functions, you can reference them by
string name, etc. still. It's trivial in fact.

But I am clearly on the losing side of a battle here, so I think I'll move
on ;)

thanks
john

--
"Threads are for people who can't program state machines."
        - Alan Cox