On 29/04/2014 18:20, Richard Heck wrote:
On 04/28/2014 06:10 PM, stefano franchi wrote:

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Tommaso Cucinotta <tomm...@lyx.org <mailto:tomm...@lyx.org>> wrote:

    On 28/04/14 19:37, Patrick O'Keeffe wrote:
    I don't personally see any advantage to composing emails in Lyx.
    OP suggested it because of the beautiful formatting provided by
    LaTeX but HTML isn't capable of such beauty. If you need the
    aesthetics, you're stuck emailing it as an attachment anyway.

    Forget about beauty, this is about functionality and convenience:
    copying from LyX (trunk), I can send you this (I hope you can
    display it correctly, at least it shows up OK while I'm composing
    it):

      * For each hosts pair ( j 1 , j 2 ) ? H × H , a set P j 1 , j 2
        of interconnection paths may be available and usable, where
        each path p ? P j 1 , j 2 is associated with the sequence P j
        1 , j 2 ,p of its L j 1 , j 2 ,p links P j 1 , j 2 ,p ={ ( a
        j 1 , j 2 ,p,1 , b j 1 , j 2 ,p,1 ), ... ,( a j 1 , j 2 ,p, L
        j 1 , j 2 ,p , b j 1 , j 2 ,p, L j 1 , j 2 ,p ) } ? L .

    Leaving the meaning aside, my question is: how can I write this
    in Thunderbird? The only way is to attach the .lyx document, or
    an export of it, and it takes just more time to do that, rather
    than copy/paste.

Tommaso,

I don't know what you see in Thunderbird, but I can assure you that in gmail your formula is barely legible. Wouldn't it be easier to "typeset" it in ascii?

FWIW, it is perfect here in Thunderbird.

Indeed, perfect on both Windows and Linux. This is a killer feature for scientist collaboration :-)

Abdel.