Le 06/11/2015 05:42, Vincent van Ravesteijn a écrit :
The fact that the setting was set in BufferView, the fact that it didn't
call markDirty or recordUndo, all tell me that this setting was not
supposed to be a document property.

Historically, lots of thing that required only a buffer and no view has been handled in BufferView by laziness. Actually at the time in 2003 Buffer::dispatch was a bit frugal (from 60ec905):

bool Buffer::dispatch(int action, string const & argument, bool * result)
{
        bool dispatched = true;

        switch (action) {
                case LFUN_EXPORT: {
bool const tmp = Exporter::Export(this, argument, false);
                        if (result)
                                *result = tmp;
                        break;
                }

                default:
                        dispatched = false;
        }
        return dispatched;
}

I would say it had been created for exporting stuff from the command line, but nobody dreamed of running other buffer-only lfuns from the command line.

And as far as undo is concerned, I'm afraid that we were not very good 12 years ago.

It probably was stored in the file, because there is no easy machinery
at hand to store a document-specific user preference.

Prove it ;)