On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 06:14:14PM +0100, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> Dr. Richard E. Hawkins wrote:
> > Yes; I can't even reproduce the order or pattern of blank/nonblank.  All
> > I have so far is that it seems to be affected by a failed import, abut
> > also by using anything on the menu.

> Here's what I figured out:

> Start LyX: all is ok (5 import options)
> if I:
> a.) choose a menu command without opening a doc (e.g. TeX information), the
> whole "Import" item is greyed out.
> b.) open a doc, all but ASCII (as lines, as pars) disappears
>
> Having done b.), I get all 5 import options back if I move on the menue bar to
> the right (from file to help) and back. If I chose a menue command now (open
> a dialog), they disappear again.
> This is with qt.

I've found that if I open a new file, and close it, the 5 options come
back.

While any file is open, only the ascii options seem available. (though
maybe I"m just looking during the wrong part of the menu dance . . .

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail