On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 05:25:07PM +0000, Jos?  Matos wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 January 2003 17:04, Dr. Richard E. Hawkins wrote:

> > I doubt it--wouldn't relyx be rebuilt with "make install"?  The only
> > lyx on this system is the development branch (the reason I find so many
> > weird bugs :)

>   I would think so.
slytherin ttyp2:y3>ls -l `which reLyX`
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  2482 Jan  7 11:43 /usr/local/bin/reLyX
                                ^^^^^^
seems current.

> > >   Just to be sure could you post the error message that shows in the
> > > console?

> > The alert says "An error occurred while running the conversion script"

>   Does it have any other error output?

nope.

> > GDB reports

> > reLyX directory is: /usr/local/share/lyx/reLyX
> > reLyX, the LaTeX to LyX translator. Revision date 2001/08/31

> > Reading LaTeX command syntax
> > (simple.tex: Splitting Preamble
> > Creating LyX preamble
> > Reading layout file
> > Cleaning... Translating... Writing... )
> > Deleting temp files
> > Finished successfully!
> > Malformed lyx file

> > I can put an account for you on this machine if it helps, so that you
> > can run this copy remotely.

>   Or that or you could send me a small example that fails. This is becoming
> very intriguing.

this *is* the small example (simple.tex):

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

Hi there

\begin {tabular}{lrrrrrrrrrrrrrr}

 \\  1. int
 & 4
 & 9
 & 14
 \\  2.  Instructors
 & 0
 & 0
 & 3
\end{tabular}
\end{document}

>   BTW I have fixed 4 bugs from files that were in my que from yours. :-)

thanks :)   I seem to find plenty . . .

hawk
--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail