Hi,

I am using LyX 1.0.1 under OS/2 (XFree86). Today I installed the revision control
system RCS. LyX is supposed to support it, and so I went on to try it.
I selected the Registration... option from the menu and registered my file. It was
duly
put into the /RCS/ directory and the version on my screen was write protected.
However, the menu options did not change. Under the respective option on the drop
down menu (I am using the German version and thus don't want to confuse you by
mis-translating them into English), "Registration..." is still the only option. It is
neither
greyed out (as it should be after registration has taken place), nor are the any other
options visible. I can therefore not commit any changes to version control or create a
working copy that I can revise.
If I look at the /RCS/ directory, there is a file with the RCS info in it, and if I
use a
commandline and issue an "rlog" command, the following output appears which looks
correct:

[E:\]rlog D:\exchange\BibTeX_Notizen.lyx

RCS file: D:\exchange\RCS/BibTeX_Notizen.lyx
Working file: D:\exchange\BibTeX_Notizen.lyx
head: 1.1
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 1;     selected revisions: 1
Notizen und Konventionen zu BibTeX
----------------------------
revision 1.1
date: 1999/05/21 18:53:16;  author: abusch;  state: Exp;
Initial revision

Is this a known bug? I couldn't find anything about it in the documentation. Is it
OS/2
specific? Is it a problem with the German menus?

I'd be grateful for any ideas.

Andreas

-------
Dr. Andreas Busch
Universität Heidelberg                  Tel. (06221) 54-2874
Institut für Politische Wissenschaft    Fax (06221) 54-2896
Marstallstrasse 6                       E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
69117 Heidelberg, Germany               http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~bp7