On Fri, 21 May 1999, Andreas Busch wrote:

> Hi,
Hello,

> I am using LyX 1.0.1 under OS/2 (XFree86). Today I installed the revision control
> system RCS. LyX is supposed to support it, and so I went on to try it.
> I selected the Registration... option from the menu and registered my file. It was
>duly
> put into the /RCS/ directory and the version on my screen was write protected.
> However, the menu options did not change. Under the respective option on the drop
> down menu (I am using the German version and thus don't want to confuse you by
> mis-translating them into English), "Registration..." is still the only option. It
>is neither
> greyed out (as it should be after registration has taken place), nor are the any
>other
> options visible. I can therefore not commit any changes to version control or create
> working copy that I can revise.
> If I look at the /RCS/ directory, there is a file with the RCS info in it, and if I
>use a
> commandline and issue an "rlog" command, the following output appears which looks
> correct:
>
> [E:\]rlog D:\exchange\BibTeX_Notizen.lyx
>
> RCS file: D:\exchange\RCS/BibTeX_Notizen.lyx

This may be the problem, LyX is looking for either
D:\exchange\BibTeX_Notizen.lyx,v or
D:\exchange\RCS/BibTeX_Notizen.lyx,v to know if the file has been
registered on RCS.

On my linux machine, with RCS version 5.7, the option -x handle those
extension rules, and it can be added to the RCSINIT environment
variable to modify rcs behaviour. (see 'man ci' for details)

I know nothing about OS2, but if its filesystem supports the comma
character in filenames, you may try adding "-x,v/" to your RCSINIT
environment variable (and rename your existing RCS/* to RCS/*,v).

If you can't do that, you may try apply the patch I enclosed and
rebuild LyX. I tested it OK on my machine. It engages only me, and you
:)

Hope it helps.

> Working file: D:\exchange\BibTeX_Notizen.lyx
> head: 1.1
> branch:
> locks: strict
> access list:
> symbolic names:
> keyword substitution: kv
> total revisions: 1;     selected revisions: 1
> Notizen und Konventionen zu BibTeX
> ----------------------------
> revision 1.1
> date: 1999/05/21 18:53:16;  author: abusch;  state: Exp;
> Initial revision
>
> Is this a known bug? I couldn't find anything about it in the documentation. Is it
>OS/2
> specific? Is it a problem with the German menus?
>
> I'd be grateful for any ideas.
>
> Andreas
>
> -------
> Dr. Andreas Busch
> Universität Heidelberg                Tel. (06221) 54-2874
> Institut für Politische Wissenschaft  Fax (06221) 54-2896
> Marstallstrasse 6                     E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 69117 Heidelberg, Germany             http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~bp7

Pierre-Henri BOINNARD
email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

lyxvc.C.patch2.gz