Hi,

let put here couple of notes (and wishes) for LyX's spellchecker.

First issue is the issue of compounded words. Czech language is
famous for its incredible ability to create compound words by
using literarily hundreds of affixes, suffixes and terminations
(affix is not the same as preposition, which is a separate word
itself). For example the word "nespravedlnost" (see attached
screenshot) is rather simple -- it would be translated
as "unjustice". Affix "ne-" means negation. Simple, similar to
English.

OK, let's take more complicated example. Phrase "b\'yt
na pov\'a\v{z}enou" would be translated as "be a matter
of (great) moment | consequence" (according to dictionary). The
root of the word is "v\'a\v{z}it si" (to hold in (high | low)
regard), which is modified by an affix "po-" which has meaning of
something merely possible not actual and by a termination
"-enou" which is the termination of particular phrase
(accusativ).

Let me remark (for friends of German language), that the Czech
system is this accent _much_ more complicated than German
compound words, which are usually compounded as-is (if I
remember it correctly -- I do not speak German).

Fortunately ispell is able and willing to work correctly with
all this mess (which is really great, taking into account that
it is really better than many commercial wordprocessors).
However, sometime it asks for confirmation, whether it created
composition correctly (see the second attached screenshot of
Emacs working on ispell-buffer). Unfortunately, LyX is not able
to catch this, so that it offers only the non-sensical proposals
(see again first screenshot -- neither of them make any
sense in Czech).

Another, much less important, issue is the impossibility to skip
all-capital words and a possibility to include word in a
personal dictionary lower-case. Both would be nice to have.

What about my comments (I know, it is probably not on short
list)?

                Have a nice day

                                        Matej

LyX and unjustice