On Wednesday 21 March 2001 21:38, you wrote:
> * Robert Koehler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010321 08:27]:
> >   Hi,
> >
> > A question for all those using Lyx to write any type of document!
> > I am writing my PhD thesis in Lyx and was wondering how people
> > are checking the grammar in their documents? Yes we have a spell-checker
> >
> > in Lyx but how about a grammar-checker?

I've never been keen on grammar checkers.  In the bad old days when I used MS
Word, the only thing I found the grammar checker useful for was checking that
I had the right number of spaces after punctuation (which of course I don't
need to do in LyX).  Unless NLP has made some pretty massive advances
recently, I think grammar checkers will continue to be more of an irritation
than a help.

Robin