Stefano Ghirlanda wrote:

> Robin Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Unless NLP has made some pretty massive advances recently, I think
> > grammar checkers will continue to be more of an irritation than a
> > help.
>
> Well, we shouldn't generalise that much, I think. I have a friend who
> is slighly dyslexic, and moreover English is not his mother
> tongue. Even checking that third-persons of verbs and plurals end in s
> is a great help to him.
>
> --
> Stefano Ghirlanda, Zoologiska Institutionen, Stockholms Universitet
>   email: you know it already, tel: +46-8-164055, fax:+46-8-167715
>  the free science campaign: http://ethology.zool.su.se/freescience

Well I do speak, read and write english fluently, the reason I am
interested in a grammar checker is that a thesis is a very large and
complicated document. You just want to be sure that you haven't made
little mistakes that are going to necessitate a rewrite! It's better if
it is right the first time!

L8r
Rob

Dept Mech Eng