> On Aug 13, 2015, at 12:02 PM, Mike Reeks <mike.re...@newcastle.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Dear Lyx Users
> I have written a very large article in Lyx for publication in a scientific
> journal  which will only accept the article as a latex file. Of course Lyx
> will generate a Latex file as well as a pdf file.  I wanted to check that the
> Latex file is acceptable to Lyx. Unfortunately I get an  error window  Lyx
> insetP  saying 'Unknown parameter name'. So what does that mean? Can anyone
> help. Most grateful. Does that mean I will encounter problems using the latex
> to produce pdf files direct. It would seem odd that Lyx wont read the latex
> file it produces!
> Regards
> Mike Reeks

I have used LyX for a long time, and really like it, but I think this is its
biggest weakness.  I also think this is a major obstacle to its wider adoption.
 When I collaborate with somebody who does not use LyX I am forced to use
LaTex, rather than to be able to show off how easy LyX is to use.  I understand
that it maybe very difficult convert an arbitrary LaTex file LyX, but it should
be routine to convert a LaTex file constructed by LyX, perhaps by producing an
extra helper file during the first conversion.

Hal