On 2015-08-18, alex wrote:

> However, I still cannot find a way for a single shortcut to do exactly
> what I want.
> That is because LyX does not capture shortcuts used for system keyboard
> layout toggle.

Exactly. Changing the keyboard layout and changing the text language in
LyX are two completely different actions. (Think of the language change
in LyX like of inserting <span language="greek"> in the document...)

> So, it's not possible to set a shortcut of Alt + Shift -> language toggle.
> I would not mind having to use another shortcut, as long as it's only 1,
> to have the appropriate results.

> For example, something like that would require an lfun sequence like:
><layout toggle> ; <language toggle>.
> I still cannot achieve the layout toggle.
> I checked out keyboard mappings a bit, but to no avail.

This is one option: leave the system kbd-layout at English and activate a
LyX-specific "kmap" for Greek.

The existing "greek.kmap" is not the best example to build on, as it only
adds some small modifications (assuming that the system kmap is already
Greek).

A better example for a to-be-written "Greek on top of English" kmap would
be, e.g., /usr/share/lyx/kbd/czech-prg.kmap. Generally, it would be a major
task, writing \kmap pairs for almost every key.

> Another thing that caught my eye is that you can control LyX from other
> programs using lfuns. So, I though as a last resort solution to write a
> bash script that senses the layout toggle and sends the appropriate
> lfun to LyX. However, in the lfuns manual, I only found a small
> reference to that feature at the beginning. Is there any detailed
> documentation about this?

There is some documentation on the LyX wiki. Once upon a time, I even
wrote a Python package providing an interface to the LyXserver and
uploaded it there.

G√ľnter