Hi Jürgen,
thanks for your reply. But as I explained in my subsequent e-mail dated 1. January 2016 I resolved the issue myself using trial and error after deactivating 'Set languages globally' in Tools < Preferences > Language settings.
To me not quite logical on first glance, is it?

Cheers and thanks,
Michael