On 01/03/2016 03:20 PM, Guenter Milde wrote:
On 2016-01-03, Michael Berger wrote:

thanks for your reply. But as I explained in my subsequent e-mail dated
1. January 2016 I resolved the issue myself using trial and error after
deactivating 'Set languages globally' in Tools < Preferences > Language
settings.
To me not quite logical on first glance, is it?
Not for me:

     my linguistic papers are all written in English, LyX's interface
     is also set to English just like everything else - nothing is set
     to German.
I think that something is still set to German, it only no longer affects the
nomenclature...

Günter
Hallo Günter,
sure, it looks as if something is still set to German. However, I checked all settings one more time (document, global settings, preamble, openSuSE's interface language and installation, whatsoever) and there is not the faintest indication that something is set to German. If a German setting should be hidden in / triggered by a Default setting than IMHO it is still illogical. Of course, there are some German words in the document, but then there are also Indonesian, Greek words etc. in it.

Anyway, my brilliant idea ;-) produced what is needed and the last thing I want is an academic discussion of this issue.

LyX is just great and so is the list.
Michael