Let me explain better. The reason for asking for a feature like that is
not that I cannot clic one more time to unpack a tar.gz :)

The tar.gz is an export, not a "Save", that is the difference. Save means that you can edit it and keep saving every now and then.

Furthermore the two things are difference because you can even remove the pictures from the disk and you still have them in the file.

What I am looking for is a LyX file that does as a MS Word file does: one editable file contains all you need to work on the document.

One could achieve this if the LyX file was actually a directory structure managed by LyX and when you save the file you save all the directory structure controlled by it. The user does not need to see all the complications about where the pictures are stored, just needs to see the pictures in the file.

I hope I have explained better what the use would be and how it would like for the user, so you know better why a tar.gz does not do the job.

Thanks,
Roberto