>  I use bibtex and that's the way both JabRef and LyX are configured.
> Yes, so does version 3.8.2 that I use and none of the 'quality' checks do
anything.

The Check Integrity function I use is in JabRef 4.1 (the latest).

I'd suggest making sure your bibtex file is 100% bibtex as follows:

   1. In JabRef, create a new "bibtex" library.
   2. Copy all the entries from the existing "biblatex" library and paste
   them in the library created above.
   3. Run "Quality > Check Integrity" and resolve any "biblatex field only"
   issues.
   4. Save the library as the converted "bibtex" library.

Cheers,

C. Fuhrman