> On Jan 21, 2023, at 4:02 PM, Christopher Menzel <chris.men...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Udi wrote:
>> I think this bug is already reported here
>> <https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/12576>, it seems that you can enter the
>> Unix file path into the "File:" field manually.
>>
>> It's not a perfect solution, but it might solve your problem in the meantime.
>
> Can confirm.
>
> This definitely appears to be a Ventura thing. I can’t insert graphics on my
> 2021 MacBook Pro using either 2.3.6.2 or 2.3.7 but both versions work just
> fine on my old iMac under Big Sur. You can mitigate the pain of the kludgy
> workaround a little bit by locating your desired graphic in the Finder, right
> clicking and selecting “Get Info”. This will bring up an info window that
> contains the full Unix path to the containing directory that you can copy and
> paste into the “file:” field in the LyX pop-up for inserting graphics. You’ll
> still have to type in the file name, but the process is still easier than
> typing in the whole path, especially if you use cloud storage, which buries
> your files pretty deeply under your home directory.

For those of you facing this issue, here are two other ways to copy the full
path and file name, which I think are fewer mouse clicks than opening the Get
Info..

1) In the Finder, right click on the file to bring up the contextual menu. Then
press the option key. You will then see Copy “my file.pdf” change to Copy “my
file.pdf” as Pathname. Paste into LyX Insert Graphics file field. Includes full
path and file name.

2) Make an Automator script for the above, so it shows up in the “Services”
contextual menu.  Described here for an earlier version of MacOS
https://automationpanda.com/2017/09/07/copying-file-paths-from-finder-in-macos/
<https://automationpanda.com/2017/09/07/copying-file-paths-from-finder-in-macos/>
 Then you can just right click and select your automation script without the
need to press the option key.

(I am not on Ventura yet, so I am assuming these still work in Ventura).

Steve