> For those of you facing this issue, here are two other ways to copy the
> full path and file name, which I think are fewer mouse clicks than opening
> the Get Info..
>
> 1) In the Finder, right click on the file to bring up the contextual menu.
> Then press the option key. You will then see Copy “my file.pdf” change to
> Copy “my file.pdf” as Pathname. Paste into LyX Insert Graphics file field.
> Includes full path and file name.

Holy smoke, I've been using MacOS since OS X 10.0 and (I'm embarrassed to
admit) I didn't know about this! It's massively better than my suggestion,
obviously. Any idea how long it's been around?

Just to note, I found another workaround for users of the fantastic utility
Launchbar that doesn't require using the Finder at all. If you call up
Launchbar with your hotkey, typing a few characters unique to your
graphic's filename will bring the filename up in your Launchbar window.
Hitting right-arrow or Ctrl-F will then bring up a list where the second
item is the full pathname for the file, which can be copied to the
clipboard with a Cmd-C.

-chris