> On Jan 23, 2023, at 3:19 PM, Chris Menzel <chris.men...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For those of you facing this issue, here are two other ways to copy the full
> path and file name, which I think are fewer mouse clicks than opening the Get
> Info..
>
> 1) In the Finder, right click on the file to bring up the contextual menu.
> Then press the option key. You will then see Copy “my file.pdf” change to
> Copy “my file.pdf” as Pathname. Paste into LyX Insert Graphics file field.
> Includes full path and file name.
>
> Holy smoke, I've been using MacOS since OS X 10.0 and (I'm embarrassed to
> admit) I didn't know about this! It's massively better than my suggestion,
> obviously. Any idea how long it's been around?

No idea. I have been using an automator script for this for the last 5 years or
so. (Highly doubt it was there from OS X day one.)
In general if one “copies” or “drags" a file from Finder into a text based
application (eg Terminal) you get the path and file name. Even works using the
little icon in title bar of most apps (eg Preview). This has worked for on the
order of 10 years.