On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 10:26:01 -0500
Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> wrote:

> In LyX, a "Beamer note" is just an inset, so it is saved in the .lyx
> file as any inset (e.g., like a URL inset or a Note inset). There is
> also a Note environment, and it is saved like any environment.

Aha, that's good to know. Thank you for teaching me something new...

> When compiling to PDF, you need to add some preamble code, otherwise
> the Note contents will be ignored (by Beamer). I'm using this basic
> setup:
>
> % https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/21872/12212
> \usepackage{pgfpages}
> \setbeamertemplate{note page}[plain]
> \setbeameroption{show notes on second screen=right}

I did that and now I can see the Notes. :-)

> One tip: sometimes I think Pympress gets confused and is not sure
> which monitor is for you and which is for the audience. If it starts
> up the wrong way, press "s" to swap. Just in case though, you might
> want to make sure the presenter notes on the first slide aren't too
> embarrassing if they are accidentally revealed to the audience :).

Jürgen helped me, so I'll use pdfpc. ;-)

> I have used a video slide successfully before with Pympress. I
> remember searching and I think I found it is also supported by pdfpc
> but I could not test it. Also with Pympress, I remember it worked on
> one computer and for some reason did not work on the other. I did not
> narrow it down to whether it was a difference in Pympress viewer
> versions, or what, but I did come away with the feeling that it was
> "fragile".

pdfpc-movie package is the key!

> This week and next are a bit busy for me. How time-sensitive is this?
> I can try to find time to make a full Pympress example and send you
> the .lyx file and video file and see if it works for you. Would that
> help?

Heh, deadline is tomorrow afternoon, but everything is fine now. :-)

Thank you for your assistance and for your readiness to help!

Sincerely,
Saša

--
Whatever action a great man performs, common men follow. And
whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues.

--
One who is able to withdraw his senses from sense objects,
as the tortoise draws its limbs within the shell,