Hi

Uwe has made an improved version of the LyX User's guide, but IMO we
should avoid ERT in the beginning of it (so we don't scare off novices).

I would therefore like to ask for help in how to move the ERT insets in
the beginning of the attached example into the preamble.

The issues involve:
* How to get roman pagenumbering for the first pages, and arabic
  starting with the first section.
* How to add a 'hypertarget' and 'pdfbookmark' to the TOC

This is currently being done using ERT insets, but I'd like to do this
from the preamble instead.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr
#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/

% DO NOT ALTER THIS PREAMBLE!!!
%
% I've designed this preamble to ensure that the User's Guide prints
% out as advertised. If you mess with this preamble,
% parts of the User's Guide may not print out as expected.  If you
% have problems LaTeXing this file, please contact
% the documentation team
% email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

% assure that the correct language is used
\usepackage[english]{babel}

% let the index appear in the TOC
\usepackage [nottoc]{tocbibind}

% provides missing characters,
% see note in chapter Character Tables
\usepackage{textcomp}

% link all cross references and URLs in dvi and pdf output
\usepackage[colorlinks=true, bookmarks, bookmarksnumbered,
linkcolor=black, citecolor=black, urlcolor=blue, filecolor=blue,
pdfpagelayout=OneColumn, pdfnewwindow=true,
pdfstartview=XYZ, plainpages=false, pdfpagelabels,
pdfauthor={LyX Team},
pdftitle={The LyX User's Guide},pdfsubject={LyX},
pdfkeywords={LyX}]{hyperref}

% adjust margins
\setlength{\oddsidemargin}{-2.27pt}
\setlength{\evensidemargin}{-2.27pt}
\setlength{\textwidth}{16.1cm}
\setlength{\textheight}{23.2cm}

% widens the vertical table spacing
\renewcommand{\arraystretch}{1.25}
% set the separation of table columns
\setlength{\tabcolsep}{0.45em}

% insertion of 1.5mm additional vertical space between footnotes
\let\myFoot\footnote
\renewcommand{\footnote}[1]{\myFoot{#1\vspace{1.5mm}}}
\end_preamble
\language english
\inputencoding latin1
\fontscheme default
\graphics default
\paperfontsize 12
\spacing single
\papersize a4paper
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 1
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 2
\paperpagestyle default

\layout Standard

\begin_inset ERT
status Open

\layout Standard

\backslash
pagenumbering{Roman}
\end_inset

\begin_inset Note
collapsed false

\layout Standard

\series bold

\backslash
pagenumbering{roman}
\series default
 changes pagenumbering to roman numbers
\end_inset

\layout Title

The LyX User's Guide
\layout Author

by the LyX Team
\begin_inset Foot
collapsed true

\layout Standard
\noindent
Principal maintainer of this file is
\noun on
Mike Ressler
\noun default
.
 If you have comments or error corrections, please send them to the LyX
 Documentation mailing list, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
\end_inset

\layout Standard

\begin_inset ERT
status Open

\layout Standard

\backslash
hypertarget{Inhalt}{}
\end_inset

\begin_inset ERT
status Open

\layout Standard

\backslash
pdfbookmark[1]{Contents}{TOC}
\end_inset

\begin_inset Note
collapsed false

\layout Standard

\series bold

\backslash
hypertarget
\series default
 and
\series bold

\backslash
pdfbookmark
\series default
 affect, that the Table of Contents appears in pdf as bookmark.
\layout Standard

More to this commands could be found in the documentation of the LaTeX-package

\series bold
hyperref
\series default
.
\end_inset

\begin_inset Note
collapsed false

\layout Standard

To export this document as pdf, ps oder dvi, the LaTeX-packages
\series bold
hyperref
\series default
 and
\series bold
tocbibind
\series default
 have to be installed.
\layout Standard

These packages are part of all popular LaTeX-distributions.
\end_inset

\layout Standard
\pagebreak_bottom

\begin_inset LatexCommand \tableofcontents{}

\end_inset

\layout Standard

\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard

\backslash
pagenumbering{arabic}
\end_inset

\layout Chapter

Introduction
\layout Bibliography
\bibitem {lyxcredit}

The LyX Team:
\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard

\backslash
href{http://www.lyx.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/lyx-devel/lib/CREDITS?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain}{
\end_inset

\emph on
CREDITS
\emph default

\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard
}
\end_inset

\layout Bibliography
\bibitem {latexbook}

Leslie Lamport:
\emph on
LaTeX: A Document Preparation System.

\emph default
Addison-Wesley, second edition, 1994
\layout Bibliography
\bibitem {latexcompanion}

Michel Goossens, Frank Mittelbach and Alexander Samarin:
\emph on
The LaTeX Companion.

\emph default
Addison-Wesley, 1994